Sunday, June 1, 2008

Intelligent Life


Me loves the way a cartoon manages to say a lot with some images and just a few words. Best thing is, it manages to be serious and funny at the same time. I love those kind the best. Peanuts by Schulz and Calvin & Hobbes by Bill Waterson take the cake in this category, though I am sure there are more who are also amazingly talented. Wish I was more exposed to this art form.

The one above made me think of something. Let us say some aliens decide to check out earth, okay? What do you think they would do next after checking out the state of life here? My best guess is that they would go off somewhere else thinking that earth is already dominated by some species not native to the planet. Too much of a trouble trying to dislodge them from that position. No prizes for guessing who this alien species is.

There's this famous quote: "I have seen the enemy! The enemy is us." To turn it around a little, I would say "I have seen the aliens! The aliens are us." :)


Here's a few more little ones that I love. (Click on the images to enlarge if the text size seems too small.)

1 comment:

Arpita said...

I did a whole college assignment on the lessons from Calvin n Hobbes. Love Bill Watterson for all the comic relief and thoughts he brought to the otherwise rubbish newspapers. You've chosen a few good ones here. Watterson was inspired by Schulz...